2023 Government Affairs Priorities
Participants join together to learn from industry experts and discuss the Chamber's annual government focused priorities.
- Actively support ongoing education initiatives in Beaver County.
- Support the implementation of broadband access to all parts of Beaver County.
- Support economic growth, business, transportation improvements, and workforce development in Beaver County.
- Work with county government and business leaders to support a comprehensive and collaborative marketing strategy for Beaver County.
- Advocate for responsible and competitive tax policies.
Monthly Committee Meetings
The Government Affairs Committee meets on the 2nd Friday of every month to discuss pertinent political topics.
Where: Community College of Beaver County (Zoom option available)
2023 Meeting Schedule & Topics
Sep. 8, 2023
Lew Villotti, President of Beaver County Corporation for Economic Development, and Tony Caltury, Director of Beaver County Recreation and Tourism will update on the activities and progress of both organizations.
Oct. 13, 2023
Lunch with County Office Candidates – All Beaver County Candidates for Office have been invited to attend a lunch event where they will speak for a few minutes and then be available for conversation. Lunch will be available.
Nov. 10, 2023
Committee to discuss and select 2024 Government Affairs Priorities for 2024. These will be submitted for consideration to the Chamber Board of Directors at the December 2023 Board meeting.
Dec. 8, 2023
Lance Grable, Director, Beaver County Office of Planning and Redevelopment Executive Director, Redevelopment Authority of Beaver County, and Brandon Carson, Executive Director of PA Broadband Development Authority to present.
Lunch with the Candidates
SAVE THE DATE!
Friday, October 13, 2023
11:30 - 1:00 pm | The Fez
Events & Programming
- State of the County
- Congressional Breakfast
- Legislative Cruise on the Gateway Clipper
- Various debates/panels/roundtables throughout the year as needed