Teaching Assistant - 10 Month Position*Work for a company that cares and receive a bonus! Teaching Assistants may be eligible for a $1000 new hire incentive bonus if hired and meet all qualifications.St. Stephen's Lutheran Academy is an educational option for students in grades K through 12 who require specialized educational programs due to behavioral health, academic and developmental concerns. Our innovative programs are designed to help students succeed academically and behaviorally. Creating an environment for therapeutic progress is paramount to achieving success for students. Our philosophy is that every interaction with a child is an opportunity to help them learn, grow and heal.
POSITION PROFICIENCIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in human service, psychology, or education field; OR a High School diploma and a minimum of one year experience working with children and/or adolescents preferably in an education or mental health setting.
- Must have audio/visual/verbal skills to provide supervision for clients and to perform essential job functions.
- Must have physical dexterity in order to assist in client physical interventions if necessary.
- Must complete and pass agency Crisis/Physical Intervention training.
- Must have the ability to continually exercise discretion and judgment in performing job responsibilities.
- Must be able to adjust hours to job requirements.
- Must have access to a telephone.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be at least age 21 due to need to transport students/clients.
- Must be eligible for PA State Police Clearance, PA Child Abuse History clearance, FBI clearance and Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form.
1. Assists teacher with classroom management.
2. Completes required paperwork in a timely fashion.
3. Maintains appropriate boundaries with students, staff and parents.
4. Builds healthy, therapeutic relationships with students.
5. Possesses professional communication skills that include awareness of all school communications.
6. Attends all required agency and program trainings.
7. Meets with Supervisor on a regular basis.
8. Practices the principles of PBIS and Sanctuary models of intervention.
9. In collaboration with the classroom teacher, conducts a Strengths-Needs-Cultural-Discovery (SNCD) on every student.
Job LocationZelienople, PA, United StatesPosition Type
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 5,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings. Equal Opportunity Employer
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401K offerings with agency match
- Agency provided life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Paid school break time during the school year according to the school calendar
- Tuition reimbursement
- New Hire Incentive Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonus Incentives
- Approved Agency for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Opportunities for career advancement at all levels
- Partnerships with over 40 local school districts
- Therapeutic equine, animal and horticulture therapy offered to our students though our Adventures Program
- Technology in every classroom
- State of the art sensory playground on our historic Zelienople campus
- Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) and School as a Society collaborative environment
- Partnership with Capella University offering scholarships, tuition discounts, and free professional development opportunities
- Glade Run is Sanctuary certified – we provide a supportive, respectful environment for our clients and our staff where shared governance, open communication, social learning and responsibility, non-violence, emotional intelligence, and growth and change are paramount in all aspects of our programming