Box Office ManagerJob Type:Full-time
OVG Facilities has an exciting opening for Box Office Manager at the UPMC Events Center, centered on the campus of Robert Morris. The UPMC Events Center is home to Robert Morris Colonial Men’s & Women’s Basketball and Women’s Volleyball as well as for a variety of events, such as concerts, commencements, family shows, sporting events, conferences, meetings, and banquets. The 161,000 square foot multi-purpose facility boasts a 4,000 plus seat arena dubbed “People’s Court”, an 11,000 sq. ft. Conference and Meeting Center, known as the UPMC Health Plan Conference Center, a practice court for men’s and women’s athletics , and a strength and conditioning center. With an additional 11,000 square feet of space attached to the main arena, the UPMC Health Plan Conference Center will provide the expanding campus community with new classroom opportunities, conference and meeting space and will offer the Pittsburgh West/Airport Corridor conference facilities featuring catering, state-of-the-art technology, and customizable options for a variety of functions.
The Box Office Manager directs and oversees all aspects of the daily operation of the box office, providing unsurpassed customer and guest service. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in ticketing, staff management and customer service.
Responsibilities of this Position
• Assist and support box office staff in any of their job functions, as needed.
• Facilitate open communication with supervisors and staff.
• Facilitate proper inter-departmental communications and organization.
• Ensure complete and satisfactory on-going staff training.
• Recruit and hire staff/supervisors to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
• Oversees the internal controls of daily box office operations.
• Coordinates event information between promoter, facility personnel and the ticket company, including pricing and seating configurations.
• Responsible for financial settlement and accountability of all revenues collected from ticket sales and ancillary income for events.
• Complete and distribute accurate daily ticket counts.
• Responsible for scheduling and payroll control.
• Balance and reconcile all ticket seller cash drawers on a daily basis.
• Create, modify and maintain inventory for all ticketed events in a computerized ticketing environment.
• Work and collaborate with the university’s athletic department ticketing staff for athletic events.
• Develop and maintain superior customer service both in person and via phone.
• Organize department and financial information for internal and external meetings as required.
• Adhere to established policies, procedures, and standards. • Perform additional duties as directedRequirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• A four (4) year degree in business administration, sport management or related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 2-4 years of box office/ticketing related experience including supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster host system required.
• Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up and communicate, both orally and in writing.
• Skill and working knowledge of computerized ticketing operations and software (Ticketmaster Host system, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), guest relations & phone etiquette, long term and immediate decision making, verbal / written communication, accounting / cash management procedures.
• Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented, self-driven, forecast issues and handle last minute projects to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.